Posted by SJI Energy Advisors on Jul 3, 2020 3:53:00 PM
If your energy procurement process doesn’t include all of these requirements, you should look around for a different energy procurement partner with a better process.
- The buying process should be totally transparent – no hidden fees
- Pricing should be comparable – i.e. for exactly the same contract terms – received from all suppliers on the same day
- The process should be fair and unbiased. Your procurement partner should represent you, not the suppliers, nor be paid commissions by them.
- All suppliers in your area should participate in the head-to-head bidding.
- Multiple prices should be requested simultaneously – 12, 24, and 36 month contract terms, with/without green power, bandwidth, payment terms and anything else you want to know.
- Green power shouldn’t cost extra.
- You should have no obligation to accept the lowest, or any of the bids.
- The process should be quick and efficient – 2-3 hours of your time
- No long-term ‘consulting’ contract needed with your broker.
- On-going support between contract renewals should be at no additional charge – e.g. monitoring the energy markets, bill auditing, etc.
If your process doesn’t include all of these requirements, you should look around for a different procurement partner with a better process. Reach out to SJIEA@sjindustries.com for more information on how to partner with us.